Introducing Fix it Center
In this section, you will learn the following:
- Purpose of Fix it Center – what is it and what will it do?
- System Requirements
- How to use this Help File
- Community support
Purpose of Fix it Center – what is it and what will it do?
Imagine having an application, a tool that troubleshoots your computer’s hardware and software problems with a click of a mouse. . . Just as a computer expert would troubleshoot any computer problem easily.
Created by Microsoft Fix it Center Solutions, Fix it Center is free tool for the PC that does just that. Fix It Center finds and fixes many common PC and device problems automatically. It also helps prevent new problems by proactively checking for known issues and installing updates. Fix It Center helps combine the many steps of diagnosing and repairing a problem into an automated tool that does the work for you. But that’s not all. Microsoft Fix It Center makes receiving support easier than ever, with tools that help solve the issues that you have now and prevent other issues.
- Easy to Install and Run: Easy-to-use wizards will guide you through the setup process and help you whenever you want support.
- Automated: With automated troubleshooters, Fix It Center helps solve issues with your PC, even if you're not sure what the exact problem is. Fix It Center scans your device to diagnose and repair problems, and then gives you the option to "Find and fix" or to "Find and report.”
- Preventive Care: By helping you find and fix issues before they become real problems, Fix It Center helps keep your PC running smoothly and automatically downloading the latest solutions.
Other than that, Microsoft Fix It Center gives you an easy way to stay in control and support your devices.
- Customized Settings: You decide the settings and level of Automation. Therefore, Fix It Center fits how you want manage your devices.
- Manage Multiple Devices: With a single view of all devices, it’s easy to manage multiple devices from one view. You can even manage them remotely.
- Recordkeeping: Now you’ll also have a record of all the updates and repairs that are made on each device with the continuous report in Fix It Center.
To install Fix it Center, you must have one of the following operating systems installed on your computer:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows XP Pro (64-bit) Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
How to use this help file
The Fix it Center Help file is divided into five sections and each section is broken up into several subsections that belong to a main section. You can use the Contents to browse through the sections and select the section or subsection that you want.
Throughout the document you'll find different kinds of notes at the end of each subsection. These give you some additional information about the Fix it Center application.
The Important note gives you additional information on possible surprising behavior of the Fix it Center application. Additionally, you can learn more in detail about certain sections or steps. These notes are important so make sure that you read them.
Visit the support forum to post your own questions, or find answers to questions of users who have the same or similar computer problems as you.
Click the following link to visit Microsoft support forums: